September 1970

Abraxas
Santana

  1. Singing Winds, Crying Beasts
  2. Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen
  3. Oye Como Va
  4. Incident At Neshabur
  5. Se A Cabo
  6. Mother's Daughter
  7. Samba Pa Ti
  8. Hope You're Feeling Better
  9. El Nicoya
Abraxas is the second studio album by Latin rock band Santana. I admit that I have been neglecting this album for some obscure reason - even though the track Samba Pa Ti has been one of my all-time favourite songs (and my favourite instrumental) since 1973. I listened to the full album for the first time in 2020, and I was blown away. Of course I knew the singles Black Magic Woman and Oye Come Va, but most of the album tracks are in the same league, especially the instrumental Incident At Neshabur and the blues rocker Mother's Daughter. Oh well, better late than never.

Relevant links:       Wikipedia        AllMusic        Discogs