May 1969

Clouds
Joni Mitchell

  1. Tin Angel
  2. Chelsea Morning
  3. I Don't Know Where I Stand
  4. That Song About The Midway
  5. Roses Blue
  6. The Gallery
  7. I Think I Understand
  8. Songs To Aging Children Come
  9. The Fiddle And The Drum
  10. Both Sides, Now
Clouds is the second studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell. Her debut was promising, but spoilt by bad recording techniques. This album is a stunning collection of folk-style songs, sung accompanied only by her own acoustic guitar play. It set the standard for future female singer-songwriters. Difficult to pick a few favourites, as all songs are strong - if pressed, I'd go for I Don't Know Where I StandRoses Blue, I Think I Understand, Songs To Aging Children Come, and of course Both Sides, Now.

Relevant links:       Wikipedia        AllMusic        Discogs