November 1968

The Beatles (aka The White Album)
The Beatles

  1. Back In The U.S.S.R.
  2. Dear Prudence
  3. Glass Onion
  4. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
  5. Wild Honey Pie
  6. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
  7. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  8. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
  9. Martha My Dear
  10. I'm So Tired
  11. Blackbird
  12. Piggies
  13. Rocky Raccoon
  14. Don't Pass Me By
  15. Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
  16. I Will
  17. Julia
  18. Birthday
  19. Yer Blues
  20. Mother Nature's Son
  21. Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
  22. Sexy Sadie
  23. Helter Skelter
  24. Long, Long, Long
  25. Revolution 1
  26. Honey Pie
  27. Savoy Truffle
  28. Cry Baby Cry
  29. Revolution 9
  30. Good Night
The Beatles, also known as the White Album, is the ninth studio album and only double album by the English rock band the Beatles. Its inclusion in my list was an afterthought - even after over 50 years, I'm not convinced it really works as an album. On the other hand, it is a stunning tour de force, combining so many influences and genres on two LP records, and it does contain some of their best songs - but also plenty of mediocre ones. It has often been remarked that it should have been condensed into just one record - the only problem is there's no agreement which songs actually to prune. Personal favourites are Back In The U.S.S.R. (a standard karaoke pick for me), Dear PrudenceWhile My Guitar Gently WeepsBlackbird, I Will, Julia, and Helter Skelter.

Relevant links:       Wikipedia        AllMusic        Discogs